Re: HELP!! (Interleaf Gurus)

Subject: Re: HELP!! (Interleaf Gurus)
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1993 13:43:01 CDT

For Chris Loris,

Chris,

I may be wrong, but every laser printer I've used has had an
adjustment for contrast or clarity. Locate that control and
move it to a lighter position.

If, however, that has no effect, try reducing the thickness
of the lines in your original art and passing the lighter
weight art to InterLeaf.

I don't know InterLeaf, so I can't recommend any possible
solutions using it.

As a last resort, you could try generating straight PostScript (ps)
files rather than Encapsulated PostScript (eps). Then you
could check the actual commands being sent to your printer.
Your printer documentation should include PostScript instructions.

Have you tried bypassing InterLeaf and printing the artwork
directly on the Talaris printer? If you have a way to do that,
try it. That would tell you if the trouble is the artwork or
InterLeaf.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards!

Chuck Banks

--
|\\ | || // Chuck Banks
| \\ | ||_______ || Senior Technical Writer
| \\ | || || NEC America, Inc.
| \\| \\______ \\______ E-Mail: chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com
America, Incorporated CompuServe: 72520,411