Re: STC's Electronic Bulletin Board

Subject: Re: STC's Electronic Bulletin Board
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1993 16:09:20 CDT

> >On Tue, 6 Jul 1993, JEFF NADEL wrote:

> >> Why is it that STC does not have Internet access? As more tech writers
> >> have access to the internet though direct Internet access, America
> >> On-Line or Compuserve, the importance of worldwide conductivity inproves
> >> productivity and greatly broadens the information technology available to
> >> all of us. If it is a cost thing, try incorporating it into the dues.
> >> STC should get into the real world and have Internet conductivity.
> >

> >I would like to second Mr. Nadel's remarks!
> > --Lisa Heggestad Battle

> I agree, too -- I've wondered for a long time now. So, are any STC
> leaders out there in a position to do something about it? Or do we
> all need to write letters to national STC?

> Faith Weber

We were told at the STC conference in Dallas that the STC office is not
staffed to the point that it could deal with a large influx of electronic
mail, so for the time being at least, don't ask because the answer is no.
* _ ___ * Steve Fouts
* ( |____| * sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
* _ /\ |\ _ * "People who spend most of their natural lives riding
* / / \ _| \ \ * iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish
* ( * ) \/_|__* ) * get their personalities mixed up with the personalities
* \_/ _/ \_/ * of their bicycles..." -- Flann O'Brien