Re: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board

Subject: Re: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board
From: Peter Cash <cash -at- CONVEX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1993 16:09:46 GMT

In article <TECHWR-L%93070612442892 -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU> JEFF NADEL
<DI380 -at- calpoly -dot- bitnet> writes:
>Greetings All!

>Why is it that STC does not have Internet access? As more tech writers
>have access to the internet though direct Internet access, America
>On-Line or Compuserve, the importance of worldwide conductivity inproves
>productivity and greatly broadens the information technology available to
>all of us. If it is a cost thing, try incorporating it into the dues.
>STC should get into the real world and have Internet conductivity.

It's not going to be done because the STC is a bunch of stuffy
stick-in-the-muds who still think the typewriter is high tech. Every
contact I have had with this organization has confirmed my impression that
these people are hanging onto the trailing edge of technology with their
fingernails.
--
| Die Welt ist alles, was Zerfall ist. |
Peter Cash | (apologies to Ludwig Wittgenstein) |cash -at- convex -dot- com