Re: REAL Technical Writers

Subject: Re: REAL Technical Writers
From: karis william <karis -at- CRAFT -dot- CAMP -dot- CLARKSON -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1993 09:55:18 -0400

Without wanting to pour gasoline on this topic that, as Jerry noted,
could turn into a flame war, I would like to hear other people,
particularly those practicing professionals, comment about Jerry's
idea that ". . . all of us are technical writers." While my colleagues
and I tend to see the field of technical communication expanding into
other areas beyond those traditionally linked to 'tech writing,' I'm
not sure that everyone agrees. Any thoughts?

Bill Karis
Dept. of Technical Communications
Clarkson University
karis -at- craft -dot- camp -dot- clarkson -dot- edu