Need advice about on-line help

Subject: Need advice about on-line help
From: Cristopher Battle <cbattle -at- UAFHP -dot- UARK -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 21:18:49 -0500

I'm looking for any advice or recommendations anyone can offer about
hypermedia authoring tools for the PC environment. My company has never
developed an on-line help system before, and I'm trying to put together a
proposal for one. I have heard of software such as Multimedia Toolbook,
Doc-to-Help, SmarText, and Help Magician, but I don't know much about
their features and capabilities. I would prefer to choose an authoring
tool that can be used with Windows Help. Does anyone have any suggestions?
You can e-mail me directly if this topic has been discussed already on the
list. I'll post a summary of any responses. Thanks in advance,

Lisa Battle
cbattle -at- uafhp -dot- uark -dot- edu