Re: Site-liscenced Documentation

Subject: Re: Site-liscenced Documentation
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 16:31:53 EDT

The answer to the legal question is, almost certainly, that it depends
on the terms of your site license. (If I were negotiating to buy a site
license for software, I would insist on enough copies of the documentation
to go around, but it may well be too late for that in this case.)
And that hands-on training may be as wonderful as can be, but what does
the person who is hired a week after the training sessions end do? They're
stuck with the little starter pack, which almost certainly isn't enough.
Which is part of why you need the documentation, and part of why there's
a thriving market for "how to use your software" books.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com