Re: Accounting Writing Course (Master's degree)

Subject: Re: Accounting Writing Course (Master's degree)
From: JEANIE CRAIN <crain -at- ACAD -dot- MWSC -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1993 13:51:17 -600

I have been asked to design a writing course for accountants seeking an
M.A. While I have some very strong opinions about writing intensive
courses in the professions, I would welcome hearing from any of you
concerning what texts, kinds of requirements, content in the course should
be. I welcome, in particular, your awareness of any texts that would
approach report writing from cases. I know management uses case-based
writing a good deal; are there such texts in accounting?

Any help you may provide in this course design will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Dr. Jeanie C. Crain
Associate Professor of English
Missouri Western State College