Re: how do I unsubscribe for a while?

From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1993 13:17:46 -0500

> This message is really for Eric, but I couldn't find my information on how
> to send a message directly to him.

> I am going on maternity leave for three months, starting next week, and I
> need to know how to unsubscribe for that period of time. (I would also
> appreciate info on how to subscribe for when I get back.)

> Thanks.

September,

This isn't Eric, but I wanted to congratulate you on your new arrival!
I've got an 8 year old girl and a 2 year old boy (he's a pain, but he's
sweet), and I *love* kids, especially little babies. Good luck, and
enjoy your new one while you can - they grow soooo fast.

You can set the NOMAIL option to suspend yourself from the list
temporarily. Send the following command in a mail message (with no
subject line) to LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

SET TECHWR-L NOMAIL

DON'T send it to TECHWR-L -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu - this will propagate a
useless nomail message to the entire list. You want to address the
*server*.

When your little one is smiling (and you're not, because it's time to go
back to work), send the message

SET TECHWR-L MAIL

to the server, and you're back in business again.

Good luck, and give the little one a "tummy gum" for me!

Len