More Information from TECHWR-L Listowner

Subject: More Information from TECHWR-L Listowner
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1993 14:18:31 CDT

For September and others... This is a reprint.

Hi all,
Here is the slightly revised informational posting. Those of
you who sent suggestions will notice that they haven't yet
been incorporated. I am working on it, but haven't had time
yet. Again, if anyone wants to add to, modify, or
rewrite this note, please do so and send me a copy. I
will be posting this or something similiar to this on a
regular basis (read: whenever I get around to it).

The first question is new, everything else is a repeat of
the last information posting.

Q: Who is responsible for the information posted to the
list, and who controls what gets posted?
A: The listowner and Oklahoma State University are not
responsible for anything posted to the list. The list is public
and unmoderated, so people who choose to post claim full
responsibility for anything posted under their respective
addresses and userids. The POSTMASTER@<whatever the address is>
is the only other person with any control over individual
postings from any userid.

Q: How do I subscribe to TECHWR-L?
A: Send a message to:
LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

Leave the subject line blank, and include on the
first line of the message:
SUB TECHWR-L first_name last_name

For example:
SUB TECHWR-L Eric Ray

Q: How do I unsubscribe?
A: Send a message to:
LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

Leave the subject line blank, and include on the
first line of the message:
UNSUB TECHWR-L

Q: What are digests and how do I get them?
A: Digests are daily mailings which include all
postings to TECHWR-L from the last 24 hours. These
are unedited, and unmoderated--they just give you
one big message instead of many little ones.
To get digests (assuming you are a subscriber),
send a message to:
LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

Leave the subject line blank, and include on the
first line of the message:
SET TECHWR-L DIGEST

Q: I got digests, and now I want reqular mail. What do
I do?
A: To change from digests back to regular mail,
send a message to:
LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

Leave the subject line blank, and include on the
first line of the message:
SET TECHWR-L MAIL

Q; Who is the listowner and how do I contact him?
A: Eric Ray is the owner (that's me), and my address is
EJRAY -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- My telephone number is
405/744-6301

Q: What is STC and how do I contact them?
A: STC is the Society for Technical Communication, and is
main professional organization for technical
and scientific communicators. Any questions, comments
or suggestions for STC should go to:

Society for Technical Communication
901 N. Stuart Street, Suite 904
Arlington VA 22203-1854
703/522-4114

Q: How do STC and TECHWR-L relate?
A: They don't officially. Many STC members are on the list,
but most aren't. Many list subscribers are STC members,
but some aren't.

Q: Where do I send additions, corrections, and comments about
this posting?
A: To Eric, the listowner, of course. EJRAY -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

Eric J. Ray
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu
Technical Information Analyst
OSU Computer Center MS113
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078