Re: Interactive tutorial tool for WINDOWS

Subject: Re: Interactive tutorial tool for WINDOWS
From: dbsmith -at- TUBA -dot- AIX -dot- CALPOLY -dot- EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1993 09:33:40 -0700

Michelle Valdez wrote:"Does anyone know
of a tool that I can use to create an interactive tutorial
in WINDOWS?"

I hope there are other answers, as I'd like to know about this too.
From what I know though, here are your choices: 1)Toolbook by
Asymmetrix 2)Authorware by Macromedia 3)Director by Macromedia,
developing on a Mac but using a Windows player.

So far, the best software for writing interactive documents or
multimedia/interactive documents seems to be on the Mac. Toolbook
is somewhat lame, a lot like Supercard for the Mac, a beefed up
and klutzed up version of HyperCard. Authorware is great but
with a steep learning curve and expensive. Director is good but
you have to develop on the Mac side and then use a Windows player.

Doug