Re: Mac Lab Software

Subject: Re: Mac Lab Software
From: Paul Brady 5797 <PBrady -at- CHIPCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1993 12:35:00 PDT

Software Dream Sheet:

FrameMaker 4.0
Adobe Illustrator (for illustrations...plus easy to import art saved as
Adobe 88 files into Frame)
Replica (for easy and inexpensive porting of Frame Docs to Online docs...)
Plenty of RAM (16MB is very nice)
486 or high-end MAC (or UNIX for that matter) workstation
17" Color Monitor

-p

Paul Brady
Technical Writer
CHIPCOM Corporation
P: 508-490-5797
FAX: 508-460-8952
Want to Join the FrameMaker's User's Network of New England ?
Send E-Mail or call Paul Brady. Meetings are held every
other month.
NEXT FUNNE MEETING: FrameMaker 4.0
FUNNE ANONYMOUS FTP: "ftp world.std.com"
and cd to "/ftp/pub/funne-archive"
BBS access: 508-478-1714 - 24hrs a day - 14.4 bps modem
login: funne-user, password:funne
Settings: 8-1-N

----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Mac Lab Software
Date: Thursday, October 21, 1993 9:56AM

Being new to Internet, this is my first attempt at sending a message, so
please bear with me.
We are in the process of developing an update plan for our Mac Lab,
which is for use by our TC students. We are well on our way in defining
what new hardware we would like, but my concern is that we also address
software issues. I teach courses covering user manuals and want to be
sure that the software our students use reflect what they will be using
when they graduate.
Therefore, I am interested in what software is being used out there for
manuals. Or, another approach would be: If you were designing the ideal
system for manual preparation and production, what software would you
like to have?
You can post your responses on the list or directly to me at:
Tietyen -at- picard -dot- msoe -dot- edu
Thanks for your help.

David Tietyen
Technical Communications Program
Milwaukee School of Engineering