Re: Dress codes

Subject: Re: Dress codes
From: Michael Gos <GOS -at- DT3 -dot- DT -dot- UH -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 09:19:32 -0600

Chris says,

"Also, in the case of men "dressing professionally," there is some
evidence that wearing a tie reducing blood flow to the brain and
thereby reduces the brain power a person can apply to their tasks."

More striking, I think, is the very symbolism of the tie. Let us not forget
that historically it represented the ox yoke and had a pattern that identified
the person you were "owned by." They may insist I wear socks to work, but the
tie thing is in my contract! :-)

Michael Gos