Re: dress codes

Subject: Re: dress codes
From: "Bruce B. Harper" <BHARPER -at- VTVM1 -dot- CC -dot- VT -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 11:51:16 EDT

On Thu, 21 Oct 1993 18:43:43 GMT Ad absurdum per aspera said:
>> Dress "codes" vary according to the industry and region

>I will assert, though, that there usually *is* at least a de
>facto dress code anywhere
One of my college roommates was in town last weekend to take in a
football game (the joys of staying around your alma matter, instant guests).
Ray took the plunge after a period of unemployment and now works for
Micro-temps as contact labor. He said the "code" among his cohorts of
temporary laborers is "show up wearing a tie and a smile." This puts them
on a middle ground between the suits and the blue jeans crowd and leaves
a good impression (they hope) on both sides that will put the next temp in
good stead.
Bruce

Administrative Display System Bruce B. Harper, Manager
129 Smyth Hall, Institutional Research
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061-0433
(703)231-5019
BHARPER -at- VTVM1 -dot- CC -dot- VT -dot- EDU