Re: Dress codes

Subject: Re: Dress codes
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 17:13:49 GMT

In article <01H4EP4GIY5E8WYCP6 -at- dt3 -dot- dt -dot- uh -dot- edu>, GOS -at- dt3 -dot- dt -dot- uh -dot- edu wrote:
> More striking, I think, is the very symbolism of the tie. Let us
> not forget that historically it represented the ox yoke...

Hmm. I thought it was a Croatian cavalry neck-warmer (hence
"cravat") degenerated over the centuries into a thermodynamically
dysfunctional fashion accessory.

It also has taken on considerable importance in relationships:
the new SigOther marks her territory by suddenly finding her
beloved's neckties, and other personal items from his previous
life, to be unbearably tacky, and picking out new ones. But
I digress. :)

Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"