Re: geological prospects

Subject: Re: geological prospects
From: Alun Whittaker <alun -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 11:50:38 PDT

Kay Schimmelman says:

"Alun Whittaker's assessment may be true, but we're looking for an experienced
tech writer right now and we can't find anyone who is qualified."

Alun Whittaker replies:

A) I said that there were a lot cheap, bad writers out their making life
difficult for the always small number of good, qualified writers!

B) I spent about 20 years doing geological and oilfield technology documentation
and I'm now writing documentation for a similar product to that which Kay
describes at Landmark. I don't see this as geological writing but software
documentation.

Kay's qualifications list seems to confirm this:

"... experience with software user documentation, advanced degree in English...
Our emphasis is on writing skills before any other consideration... some
geoscience background would be very nice, but we're not looking for miracles."

ALUN W...