Re: Grad school vs. the world

Subject: Re: Grad school vs. the world
From: Young Kim <YOUNG -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 20:18:40 CST

Our Technical Writing Program at Oklahoma State University requires both
graduate and undergradutate students to complete internships working as
technical communicators. Furthermore, our professors encourage us to--even
demand that we--solicit clients on/off campus for our major projects.
I have worked on several types of documents, such as videoscripts, technical
sales brochures, and software manuals (to name a few) that I would not
otherwise have had a chance to work on. In addition, I have studied
human communication theory, teaching methodology, and the history of
scientific and technical communication. Yes, I do eventually want to
teach technical communication all over the world, so it is important to
get my degree. However, I am convinced that education is just as important
as experience.

Young Kim (young -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu)