Re: Grad school vs. the world

Subject: Re: Grad school vs. the world
From: SLATTERYS -at- UNCWIL -dot- BITNET
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 20:30:18 -0500

I guess we've exhausted the grad school topic--but I have a related
query. I'm wondering how everyone feels about the appropriateness
of a Ph.D. I'm in the process ot applying to several programs. I'm
finishing up a master's this Spring (I have years of dat aprocessing
experience in user support and programming, some tech writing, and
teaching). Research and theory involve me, but am I closing doors on
most job opportunities except for teaching?

Susan Slattery
Wilmington, NC