Re: Grad school (PhDs)

Subject: Re: Grad school (PhDs)
From: Michael Gos <GOS -at- DT3 -dot- DT -dot- UH -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 15:22:01 -0600

Corinne,

Ph.D. is the hoop necessary to jump through to get the lifestyle I chose. It
is one hell of a hoop, but the alternative is working five days a week, or
more and then trying to cram lost months of living into two or three weeks of
vacation. Yes, the total dollars are higher (although not the per hour $) and
the Ph.D. isn't a requirement, but I'm with Thoreau:
"Most (wo)men lead lives of quiet desparation"
For me, a worthwhile hoop, indeed.

Michael