est. hours

Subject: est. hours
From: Kathy Barreto <barreto -at- DREGGS -dot- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 18:36:32 MDT

Hello all,
Would some of you kind folks please share a bit of your experience with me?
I'm trying settle on *a* number to use when estimating the time it will take
to complete a writing project. My historical records show everything from
1/2 hour to about 4 hours per page. 'Course, the complexity of the material
and the type of publication make quite a difference. I'm most interested in
procedures and descriptions for technical end users, but I'll gladly take
whatever you can send. If you can tell me whether the estimates you use
are for fairly simple procedures or product descriptions, or for complex
theory-of-ops circuit descriptions or conceptual scientific theories, all
the better. Thanks in advance for any help you can send!
kathyB

Kathy Barreto
barreto -at- cisco -dot- com