academic/industry partnerships

Subject: academic/industry partnerships
From: Stephen Bernhardt <sbernhar -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 15:41:05 -0700

Folks

I was surprised nobody picked up on my query about tech comm programs that
have some linkage with industry partners, perhaps for conducting research,
or testing usability, or for working with university programs to insure
that tech comm grads have the appropriate skills and knowledge.

Does the silence mean there simply are no cooperative efforts?

I am in a quandry because I committed to writing a column for STC that
would describe cooperative efforts, and I've got nothing to describe. The
one program I did hear about, at Waterloo, was pretty much out of
commission at this time.

Advice? Comments?

Thanks