Can anyone tell me anything about Edwards AFB and Vicinity?

Subject: Can anyone tell me anything about Edwards AFB and Vicinity?
From: "Tamye Lyles, Technical Writer--Martin Marietta Services Inc., 301 794-9600 x151" <tjl743c -at- VX740 -dot- DNET -dot- NASA -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1993 16:35:55 -0500

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone works/lives in the area of Edwards
AFB, CA or used to live/work there. I may have an interview out there (I'm
in the DC area) and I'm interested in any info I can get (cost of living,
demographics, and any other info that one may find useful when considering
relocating to a totally unfamiliar place (I've never been to CA before).

Any info I can get would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tamye Lyles