There is some justice

Subject: There is some justice
From: Simon North <north -at- RUNNER -dot- KNOWARE -dot- NL>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1993 17:54:46 GMT

I would like to thank everyone for the messages of sympathy
after my announcement that I had been sacked for taking part
in these discussions. My employer considered that my
contributions (although I had broken no company rules) had
so damaged their confidence in me with respect to security
that dismissal was their only option. I had made no secret
of my participation - in fact much of the information y that
you were all so kind as to furnish has been a great deal of
help in my job of advising the company on the best software
to use for technical documetnation ntation, as well as numerous
other subjects. For instance, in my double role as a software
quality eni ginn eer, the input concerning the implementation of
ISO 9000 has been invaluable.

Fortunately (all though it is a little too early to say what
the final result will be), I was not the only one who felt
that I had been unfairly treated, and my employer had s been
refused permission to dismiss me. This will probably now
go to court so I should not say too much more (besides, you
would only hear my side of things and I would then think it
only fair to give my (ex) employer the right or f reply). I
very much doubt that I will get my job bas ck, but I may at
least get some compensation.

This, I think, is a win for the freedom professional freedom.

Happy Christmas (I might actually enjoy it now).

Simon North.