Evironmental Impact Statements

Subject: Evironmental Impact Statements
From: Michael Steehouder <M -dot- F -dot- Steehouder -at- WMW -dot- UTWENTE -dot- NL>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1993 09:09:57 +0000

I send you this message on request of my colleague Willem Bulter.
Please reply to Willem, not to me. His address is:
W -dot- Bulter -at- wmw -dot- Utwente -dot- NL
Michael Steehouder

I am interested in Environmental Writing, especially in Environmen-
tal Impact Statements (EIS's). From here, this is Holland speaking,
it is rather difficult:
1) to see what an Environmental Impact Statement looks like,
because they are nowhere to be found in European libraries.
Do you know an easy way of getting a few examples?
(What are good examples?) EIS's are often produced by
federal agencies. Do they send you copies for a low price?
Which agency for instance?
2) to collect (the most recent) research on EIS's. Can you give
me some titles of interesting papers/articles/books?

Willem Bulter
Universtiteit Twente
Department of Applied Linguistics
Postbus 217
7500 AE Enschede
The Netherlands

E-mail-address: W -dot- Bulter -at- WMW -dot- UTWENTE -dot- NL