Re: Road Trip Denver to Tuscon

Subject: Re: Road Trip Denver to Tuscon
From: Kathleen Nosbisch <kat -at- NETWISE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1993 11:08:03 MST

> I'm road tripping from Denver to Tuscon on the 18th (next
> saturday), and then back again on the 26th (the sunday after that).
> Anybody want me to stop in and say hello? :-) If anybody can offer
> possible crash space along the way (say, Albequerqe - how *is* that
> spelled?), it'd be appreciated. I've never made a drive this long
> before, so I don't know if I'll start fading halfway there.

Just be sure you take emergency winter supplies along.... last year
they closed down I-25 just south of Pueblo due to high winds - we got
the last hotel room available in a little town called Colorado City,
and the hotel had no heat. We had extra blankets in our car, thank
goodness!

Take a thermos of hot coffee, (or cocoa), lots of munchies, and a CB
radio if you have/can get one!

Also - if the weather starts getting bad, find a motel room fast,
because in some of the smaller towns, they're unavailable, and you may
end up sleeping/holing up in a school gymnasium or something.

We're leaving the 22nd to head to Las Cruces, NM... so will be behind
you by a few days on most of the road.

Have a safe trip!

kat

p.s. Come on up for the Boulder Writers Alliance Christmas party
tomorrow night in Boulder!