Re: What is the tool of choice?

Subject: Re: What is the tool of choice?
From: Howard Kaikow <kaikow -at- STANDARDS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1993 17:05:56 GMT

I use Word for Windows, v6 is much enhanced, simply because most of the
world that I deal with insists on using it for interchange of documents
(I do a lot of standards writing).

V6 has added more features, but still doesn't allow one to do everything
one needs to do, tho, with its underlying WordBasic, you achieve nearly
everything you need to do.

I think the key is whether you have a need to exchange things electronically.
If so, find out what your publishers and customers require, then (ab)use it.
Otherwise just choose the tool that gives you the most functionality, I
know not what that is, and it likely depends on the kinda writing u do.

A discussion of the comparative functionality of the various products
would be useful. Right now, I'm stuck, for better or worse, for richer or
poorer, for sickness and in health, ..., ooops, this is not the Dating
Game, using Word for Windows.