Re: What is quality?

Subject: Re: What is quality?
From: Bonni Graham <Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 10:25:00 EST

Murrie Burgen asks:
"I'd be interested in other people's definitions of a quality document."

The standards I use (when I have control) are based very closely on the ones
used to determine the level of award given in the International Tech pubs
competition. If you don't have a local STC chapter, let me know -- I can
send you copies of the guidelines for judging (there's something like 16
categories, so I don't want to go into detail here).

I adjust them slightly according to the audience, the customer (not always
the same as the audience), etc. but as is, they're still pretty god as a
starting point.

Bonni Graham |
Technical Writer |
Easel Corporation, ENFIN Technology Lab | Never tell people how to
Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- relay -dot- proteon -dot- com | do things. Tell them
President, San Diego STC | what to do and they will
| surprise you with their
NOTE: apparently my email address needs | ingenuity.
to be typed exactly as it appears here, |
punctuation and all, or the system gets | --George Patton
upset. |