How to publish projects?

Subject: How to publish projects?
From: Herman van den Bergen <VDBERGEN -at- UOTTAWA -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 1994 22:19:41 EST

I am a new subscriber to TECHWR-L and wonder if there's anybody out
there who can give me some advise, either through TECHWR-L or
directly to the address below. Your comments will be much
appreciated!

I have been providing electronic and computing support at a
university for more than 25 years. During this time I have
developed some nifty projects for teaching and research
laboratories (no patents). Lately I have been playing with the idea
of writing up the more unique projects and offer the collection for
sale to technical support centres at universities and colleges. My
questions are:

1. How would I get a work like that proof read and edited? What
would the typical cost be per page/word?

2. Suppose I could collect enough material to fill a book, what
are the usual financial arrangements like with a publisher?
Would I have to submit an edited version, or would a rough
draft do?

3. Can you recommend a book that deals with this topic?

If you have done something like this I would very much like to hear
from you.

Herman van den Bergen School of Psych. Techn. Supp. Service
VDBERGEN -at- ACADVM1 -dot- UOTTAWA -dot- CA University of Ottawa, Canada, K1N 6N5
VDBERGEN -at- UOTTAWA -dot- BITNET Tel:(613)564-9160 FAX:(613)564-9903