Re: "The system ..." [was Style Guides?]

Subject: Re: "The system ..." [was Style Guides?]
From: Heli Roosild <HeliR -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 12:34:00 PST

I always start a description of a system reponse/action with "The system..."
in a separate paragraph. Then users can easily skip over it if they don't
care without the risk of missing important information. In a manner of
speaking, I use the words "The system..." as a visual cue to identify a
particular type of info--a system response.

That, of course, is the theory. Do you think it might actually work? (:-)

--Heli
Heli Roosild
Network Imaging, Herdon VA
helir -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com