Caution and Warning usage in documentation

Subject: Caution and Warning usage in documentation
From: Paul Brady 5797 <PBrady -at- CHIPCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 14:04:00 PST

Hello everyone!

I have a question about the industry standard regarding the use of Cautions
and Warnings....

The following are the current definitions we use in our documentation for
cautions and warnings:

WARNING: Indicates that a condition may threaten personal safety.

CAUTION: Indicates that a condition may damage software or hardware.

Recently, however, I was told that this may not be ISO 9000 or UL compliant.
Is this true? Any comments are much appreciated!!

Paul Brady "When power corrupts,
Technical Writer poetry cleanses"
CHIPCOM Corporation -John F. Kennedy
118 Turnpike Road
Southboro, MA 01772
P: 508-490-5797 STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
FAX: 508-460-8952 Personal opinions only!