Thanks!

Subject: Thanks!
From: Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 1994 13:33:00 -0500

My thanks to all who responded on the marketing-hype-in-user-docs issue -- I
seem to have unwittingly touched off quite a firestorm!

What I was looking for was support for my argument to carry into a meeting
yesterday afternoon: ammunition of a kind. As it turns out I have been
convinced of the value of such material in an early chapter -- although the
chapter in question will be divided into two, with less detail in the first
and more in the second.

Because the responses were not at all as polarized as I expected, I decided
to leave my "ammo" behind. However, I do appreciate the quick response times
of everyone who mailed me yesterday (opinions are still trickling in), and
have considerable food for future thought thanks to their efforts.

Ciao,
Pat
Patrick O'Connell |Brilliant-
Technical Writer, Eicon Technology Corporation |ly ornamen-
2196 32nd Ave. Lachine, Quebec, Canada, H8T 3H7 |tal sig
Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- com |UNDER
Tel: (B) 514-631-9825 x250 (H) 514-482-9279 |CONSTRUC-
Fax: (B) 514-631-3092 |TION...