Re: science writing career info wanted

Subject: Re: science writing career info wanted
From: Donna Ellis <DLE -at- ALPHA -dot- SUNQUEST -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 08:20:04 -0700

Andy,

You might try the University of Arizona in Tucson. They
publish ZILLIONS of books, magazines and brochures every
year on every subject imaginable.

I used to work for the Arizona Cancer Center, and I often
wrote articles about physics-related cancer treatment. My academic
background is in chemistry, microbiology and medical technology,
which was a big help in understanding the subjects I was writing
about. Your background in physics should be a real asset.

If you continue to have problems getting a job, I would advise
continuing your education in journalism, since the people who
hire writers are almost always journalists themselves. Once
I had my masters degree in journalism, I had no problem whatsoever
finding a job either in journalism, public relations, marketing
or technical writing.