Re: Joe Chew's note about official language

Subject: Re: Joe Chew's note about official language
From: John Oriel <oriel -at- NTSC -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 11:26:37 EST

Joe's comment about the international graphic symbols brings
to mind a truism I once saw:

Freedom is when everything not expressly forbidden by law
is permitted. Opression is when everything not expressly
permitted by law is forbidden.

I've written this note on my own behalf, not intending to
express an opinion on behalf of my employer, but I also
don't think the usual disclaimer would be appropriate. To
say that it is not necessarily their opinion might not be
taken in the sense intended. ;-)

John Oriel