Re: What to do with the journals?

Subject: Re: What to do with the journals?
From: Heather Atkinson <HMA209 -at- SAFETY -dot- NWSCC -dot- SEA06 -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 12:54:47 EST

--> >Greg Kushmerek writes:
-->
--> >So my question to the virtual you: who saves these things? I'm
considering
--> >getting yet another box to stick in the attic, but I already have
--> >SOOOO much stuff. Who really thinks they're worth referencing?

--> Kris Jaeger responds:
-->
--> How about simply donating them to a university or technical college in your
--> area. It's amazing how many technical writing programs have no idea that
--> STC exists.

And, I totally agree! I graduated from college, was a Tech. Writer
for two years and until a few weeks ago, when I discovered TECHWR-L
and subscribed to it, had never heard of STC. I took the liberty of
selecting someone at random (thanks again Ken d'Albenas!!!) to
inquire about this STC and get some information. And now
(yesterday!) I have submitted my application to become member!! Had
I known about STC in college, however, I think I could have learned
a lot that could have helped me find a job sooner (and maybe even a
BETTER job than the one I eventually found!).

! Heather M. Atkinson !
! Technical Writer !
! Computer Data Systems, Inc. !
! Crane Division !
! Naval Surface Warfare Center !
! (812) 854-3292 !
! HMA209 -at- SAFETY -dot- NWSCC -dot- SEA06 -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL !