Re: Writing Aggravations (was: Homophones)

Subject: Re: Writing Aggravations (was: Homophones)
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 16:59:18 -0600

I hate those apostrophes, too. Every time I am in
Norman, OK (the home of the Sooners) visiting my
in-laws, my eye is drawn to the words, "mattress set's"
on the side of a building.

I think there must be some grand law of misplaced
apostrophes. For every extra apostrophe, there is
probably also a missing apostrophe somewhere in the
world.

Oh, how I wish those critters would learn to land in
the right places!

LaVonna lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com