Re: homophones

Subject: Re: homophones
From: Dean Elzinga <elzinga -at- INFERENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 12:51:48 PST

Not only do I think that "another thing coming" is the correct
way, but I had never heard "another think coming" until I read
it on this list.

On another note, many times in the past, I have pronounced words
wrong because I had either never heard them, or failed to connect
the usual pronunciation with what I saw on the page. Until a
couple years ago, I used to say "err" the same as "air". Now I
just say "rrrr" (the RIGHT way).

--Dean

(Before college, I used to say AWE-ree because I didn't connect
the spelling "awry" with the pronunciation "uh-RYE".)