Re: another think ..uh... thing coming

Subject: Re: another think ..uh... thing coming
From: Kelly Hoffman <kelly -at- NASHUA -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 16:55:33 EST

Pam Tatge <pamt -at- STEINBECK -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM> writes:

> About "you've got another thing coming", Kelly Hoffman asks...

> > Hmm. What "thing" should I be expecting?

> I, my siblings, my cousins, and our friends heard this most
> often from our parents, and we expected a spanking.

I guess *that* little bit of ...uh... negative feedback must
have gotten the adrenaline flowing. :-)

My next question, then, is the significance of "another"
in the original phrase. Perhaps you guys expected spankings
often? (add many :-), in case it's not clear. ;-)

It's Friday, and it's been a loooooonnnnnnng week.

kkh
kelly -at- nashua -dot- hp -dot- com