Re: Pronouncing "gigabyte" & think vs thing

Subject: Re: Pronouncing "gigabyte" & think vs thing
From: Brian Daley <briand -at- MEI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 08:55:25 -0600

Who cares? (Don't answer that!) :-) Is it really worth the
bandwidth it's using?

I really thought subscribing to this list would provide a forum for
technical writing issues. If we correct peoples' pronunciation of
"gigabyte" now, are we going to correct their regional accents later?

Frustrated by seemingly irrelevant issues,

-BD

"What matters is not DOW's average, but YOUR average."

- commentator Jim Hightower, WTMJ Radio

Brian Daley | Marquette Electronics, Inc.
briand -at- mei -dot- com | Diagnostic Division - Technical Communication
(414) 362-3133 | 8200 West Tower Avenue
FAX: (414) 357-5988 | Milwaukee, WI 53223 USA