Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 30 Jan 1994 to 31 Jan 1994

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 30 Jan 1994 to 31 Jan 1994
From: nancy ott <ott -at- ANSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 10:22:43 EST

> Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 04:16:00 BST
> From: Gordon Meyer <grmeyer -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
> Subject: STC competition

> Well, it's probably not too constructive to turn this into an STC
> judge bashing thread, but I have to add my two cents. Just a few
> days ago a co-worker of mine got back the judging sheets on a product
> overview she had submitted. She let me read them, and I was not
> impressed with the feedback. One of the sheets had only one comment:
> "Would be better with a cover".

At least you got a reply. My department's entry in a local STC
competition was returned without any comments at all. I see no point
to these things if there's no feedback to the participants. At a
minimum, I'd like to know what criteria were used to select the
winning entries in each category ... and where my entry fell short.
(Was it poorly drawn graphics? Lousy printing quality? Boring
layout? Bad organization? Incomprehensible text? Badly-written
instruction sequences? Lack of perfect binding and a four-color
process cover? Or was it something else entirely?)

- nancy

nancy ott | I thought I was by myself
Ansoft Corp. | But I cannot kill the angel in the house
Pittsburgh, PA | Even in my wildest heart
ott -at- ansoft -dot- com | I cannot kill the angel in the house