Five Trademark Essentials

Subject: Five Trademark Essentials
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 12:12:07 -0600

Those of us who participated in the recent thread on
trademarks may be interested in the following reference:

"Five Trademark Essentials" by John W. Caldwell and Laura G. Miller
Woodcock Washburn Kurtz Mackiewicz & Norris
One Liberty Place--46th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103

Phone: 215/568-3100
Fax: 215/568-3439

It is copyright 1991-92 Woodcock Washburn Kurtz Mackiewicz & Norris.

I would type or fax it to each of you, but it is 10 pages long,
and I really don't know for sure if the person in our marketing
department who distributed it had permission to copy it. :-)

In case you'd like to know, the 5 essentials are

1. Recognize the Importance of Trandmarks and Service Marks
2. Choose Marks with Care
3. Use Marks Properly
4. Register Marks in Use or intended for Use
5. Don't Let the Sun Set on an Infringement: Get
Your Remedy While It's Hot

It is a good reference that gives information on each of these
essentials.

LaVonna Funkhouser
technical writer, Halliburton Energy Services
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com