Re: More on the topic of words . . .

Subject: Re: More on the topic of words . . .
From: Jane_Torpie_at_III-HQ -at- PROTEON -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 14:27:00 EST

Text item: Text_1

Bonni Graham writes:

For what it's worth. I don't much like proactive, but it doesn't push
nearly the buttons for me that "impact" used as a verb does.

I gnash my teeth when I hear "interface" used as a verb.

I also can't stand "input" or "output" as verbs. But sometimes I chuckle
when I hear them used as verbs; I think of "put in" and "put out" ...

Sometimes usage is funny stuff!

Jane Torpie
Principal Technical Writer
Easel Corporation