Re: Judging Books by Subject Matter

Subject: Re: Judging Books by Subject Matter
From: Ann Balaban <annb -at- DADD -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 1994 15:18:51 CST

> NEW SUBJECT (sort of). I'm not seeing much feedback from people who thought
> they didn't get sufficient comments on their entries. I was hoping you folks
> would have some good ideas about how to prevent this. I'd like to be able to
> make sure the comp. I run doesn't engender the kinds of feelings you've
> described - won't you help by thinking about ways to counter it?

Bonnie,

What about offering some examples of completed forms. They wouldn't have
to come from just your chapter. Maybe national could ask all of the
competition chairs to submit what they consider to be well judged examples
and then distribute them to the chapters. I think the binder that
contains the rules and procedures needs to be expanded. In fact a couple
of us in my office have volunteered to work on this for our chapter.

Ann Balaban
annb -at- dadd -dot- ti -dot- com