Re: Respect

Subject: Re: Respect
From: Shannon Ford <shannon -at- UNIFACE -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 17:20:15 +0100

Perhaps we should nitpick with respect?! :-)

It is valid to split hairs if you are trying to define the difference
between third person and passive voice. But I think it is a bit over the
top to criticize someone for a comma splice in a message not pertaining to
comma splices. Again, it's ok to split hairs if you are defining what a
comma splice is.

My feeling is that, being inexperienced, Chad has a thinner skin than the
rest of us. We should have remembered that. But technical writing isn't
a good career for people with thin skin. Everyone in this field must learn
not to take criticism personally.

Regards,

Shannon Ford
fords -at- uniface -dot- nl

p.s. No one wants to bite on how we group information? Is it too stupid of
a question? Too hard? Or just uninteresting?