Re: RTF "standard"

Subject: Re: RTF "standard"
From: Gordon Meyer <grmeyer -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 1994 21:56:00 BST

You can obtain doc on the RTF specification from Microsoft. I
downloaded my copy from the Microsoft area here on GEnie. I'd imagine
it is on CompuServe too.

While Rich Text Format might be a "standard", individual applications
can support as much, or as little, of it as they'd like. Any
application _should_ politely ignore anything it doesn't understand
when importing an RTF file, but some don't. I've also been told (but
have not confirmed) that Microsoft Word for Windows v6.0 does not
write RTF files that its older brother (V2.0) can understand.