Re: LIST options change

Subject: Re: LIST options change
From: Guy Haas <ghaas -at- INFORMIX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 13:14:06 PST

Pat Anderson <panderson -at- ALIAS -dot- COM> said:

+ I like the changes.

+ I like the fact that people now must make a deliberate effort to send out
+ e-mail to over 700 people.

+ [snip]

+ Having everyone respond to everything publically is like telling everyone at
+ the cocktail party to speak loud enough so all can hear...even if some of them
+ are having a private discussion. [snip]

+ Thanks, Eric.

Amen! Ye who are concerned about having to retype the address of the
entire TECHWR-L group on broadcast replies: why not just create a mail
alias for the list? Call it "TW" or something short. But I, too,
appreciate the idea that one must actively CHOOSE to broadcast to
the entire group.

--ghaas -at- informix -dot- com
Guy K. Haas, Sr. Tech Writer RTFM?
Informix Software Inc IWTFT!
4100 Bohannon Dr. ^
Menlo Park, CA 94025
[If I were speaking on behalf of Informix, I'd say so, *explicitly*.]