Tracking Hypertext Links

Subject: Tracking Hypertext Links
From: "R. Darren Carlton" <wk06248 -at- WORLDLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 18:10:59 -0500

What methods do you use to keep track of the hypertext links in your MS
Windows on-line help files?

> Manually create a chart of topics, their titles, context IDs,
key-word search terms, and number/destination of hypertext
links?
> Use a spreadsheet to create the chart mentioned above?
> Use a macro to copy all of the footnote tags into a chart?
> Use a tool that keeps track of the links in some other way?

We're thinking about using a Lotus Notes database to keep track of the links
so that all of the writers on the team can be updated on the links that might
be created or deleted.