Tell Me About Verbing Nouns, Please

Subject: Tell Me About Verbing Nouns, Please
From: "Vollbach, Elizabeth" <evollbach -at- CCLINK -dot- LOGICON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 1994 08:49:35 PST

I just read LaVonna's message to TECHWR-L that mentions some of the
mail she received privately acknowledging her question about using
"medal" as a verb. I wish I could see that mail. I wish these people
had posted to the list.

I write a column for San Diego's STC newsletter, and I thought verbing
nouns might be an appropriate subject for me to address some month.
So I had started collecting some of the messages that had to do with
that. I'd hate to think I was missing something that might jazz up my
column.

See, I like to think people read my column. And I don't think they do
if it's boring. I know I sure don't continue reading a boring article
now that college is over and I don't have to. So if I can get ideas
from someone else that might make my column snappy, I do. (And, O.K.,
now that I've received some messages correcting me on the necessity of
getting an author's permission to use their material in an STC
newsletter, I promise to ask for it.)

Beth Vollbach
evollbach -at- logicon -dot- com
Logicon 4GT