Re: Style Manual

Subject: Re: Style Manual
From: Mark Kitzmiller <Mark_Kitzmiller -at- ATK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 1994 10:49:16 -0600

RE>Style Manual
I use The Chicago Manual of Style, 14th Edition (Published by The University
of Chicago Press);
The Government Printing Office (GPO) Style Manual, 1984 (Published by the
U.S. Gov't Printing Office);
The Random House Handbook (written by Frederick Crews, Published by Random
House);
and my most favorite little reference book, The Mac is not a Typewriter
(written by Robin Williams, published by Peachpit Press).
The Chicago Manual of style is in my opinion the most comprehensive reference
source but doesn't cover the peculiar problems that arise in preparing
Government documents.
For Government documents, use the GPO Style Manual.
The Random House handbook is more of a college level english composition
textbook but has lots of example usages and marked up essays.
The Mac is not a Typewriter book highlights proper typographic techniques as
opposed to old typewriter habits. There is a PC version of this book as well.