Re: Help Lines & Tech Manuals

Subject: Re: Help Lines & Tech Manuals
From: MultiAccess Computer <mcc -at- COYOTE -dot- RAIN -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 1994 06:22:27 -0800

We manufacture wide-area network adapter cards. We had a recently had a
customer call who was having trouble getting his card to respond to the
software diagnostics. We put him on the line with our software designer
who took him through all the steps, but was unable to isolate the problem.

The man called back later and said he was sorry. He had found the problem
and the error was his. He had forgotten to install the card.

I guess "check to see that the board is firmly seated in the NuBus slot"
should go in the Troubleshooting Section of the manual next to "check to
see that the cables are correctly attached" and "verify that the light
indicating power to you monitor is lit."