UNIX screen prints

Subject: UNIX screen prints
From: CYNTHIA HOLLINGSWORTH <CHOLLING -at- INDYCMS -dot- IUPUI -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 1994 07:57:55 EST

Tracey Showalter wrote requesting information about how others take
UNIX screen prints.

I use Windows as a foundation for my documentation. Therefore, when I
press the print screen key, it places a screen print on my Windows
clipboard. From there I use the Windows package Paintbrush to receive
the Clipboard material. It saves in .bmp format and has worked very good
for our purposes.

Paintbrush is not an extensive product as far as painting/drawing features,
but it does allow me to crop unwanted edges, etc. from a screen dump. The
images place very well into Pagemaker.

Hope this helps some.

Cindy Hollingsworth
cholling -at- indycms -dot- iupui -dot- edu
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis