Re: Is hypertext more productive?

Subject: Re: Is hypertext more productive?
From: Stephen Bernhardt <sbernhar -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 1994 13:01:44 -0700

We're designing a hypertext (Toolbook) for orienting our graduate tech
comm students to the profession, the university, the department, and
various professional resources. It's for browsing as well as lookup.
There's no comparing our hypertext with a paper equivalent, because there
can be no equivlent. when we talk about one form being more efficient or
faster or more accurrate, we typically are thinking about online help
systems for software application, rather than information databases
intended as open pools of information to suit various kinds of reading
behaviors.